PDA

View Full Version : C trumpet information

ChaserBD
07-02-2006, 01:27 AM
Hey all, I'm new to these forums but decided that tonight would be a good night to jump into making a couple of posts.

I'm currently in search of a C trumpet to buy. I'm a 5th year music education major, but don't let that fool you, I plan on playing professionally as well, and getting my masters in trumpet performance. Right now I'm playing principal in our symphony orchestra, and since orchestral and legit playing is my main focus, the next horn I'm looking for is a C.

I've currently tried a couple of Bach strads and I've also played on a Yamaha Xeno. The Xeno is my favorite so far, but I play on a Getzen custom MV Bb and love it, and I also have heard great things about the Conn Connstellation Bb (and right now their C is at closeout prices and so if it's a great horn it would awesome...). If anyone has any info on the Getzen or Connstellation C model trumpets it would be fantastic, especially since at this moment I'm in Indianapolis and only a couple of hours from Woodwind Brasswind.

Thanks and hope to hear from a couple of you!!

Michael Blakley
12-13-2006, 08:38 AM
Did you purchase a C trumpet yet?

ChaserBD
12-13-2006, 12:57 PM
Nope, haven't bought it yet.

Michael Blakley
12-13-2006, 01:54 PM
I am 99% sure that you know Prowinds (home office in Bloomington Indiana) has recently opened a store at 52nd & College, in the Broad Ripple area and near Butler University.

They carry Yamaha Trumpets, they have a couple of C Yamaha trumpets from the Artist Series, specifically, take a look at YTR-9335CHS or YTR-9445CHS. The gossip is that Yamaha spent the time and $ to get this one right. As a devout Bach owner and player, it is with great displeasure that I am forced to admit, they made a really, really good horn.

I am sure there are many other brands to look at, but this retailer is in your back yard and worth the drive over. They are really good people and quite knowledgeable in their field.

Michael