PDA

View Full Version : Bach Model 37 (1965)

Keith F. Flood
01-26-2007, 03:28 PM
To Whom It May Concern:

I have a Bach Stradivarious Model 37 S/N 39373 LM Trumpet (Elkhart Indiana)that my Mother purchased for me in the year 1966-67. Years latter I ran into the dealer that sold her the trumpet and he said it was made by V. Bach himself.

1. I realize the Mt. Vernon Plant shut down in 1965, however V. Bach was still alive. Is there a way to find out if V. Bach hand made this horn or were any parts of the horn hand made?

2. The horn appears to be in very good playing condition and is free of dings, however some of the laquer is disappearing. Any idea as to the monetary value of this trumpet. Thanks for your feedback.

Keith F. Flood

bachloyalist
01-26-2007, 04:22 PM
Thanks for the question. Let me try and answer your questions.

1. ... Is there a way to find out if V. Bach hand made this horn or were any parts of the horn hand made?

Vincent Bach was President of the Vincent Bach division of Selmer (purchased in 1961) until around 1964. He was a consultant during this time frame, but was not actively involved in building trumpets in Elkhart, IN. However, he did visit the Elkhart facility during this time frame.

2. ... Any idea as to the monetary value of this trumpet.

This is harder to say, without seeing an image of your horn. However, if you look on eBay you'll find similar trumpets going for over $1000 on a very regular basis.

Thanks for your questions, hope this helps. Spend some time and add your Bach to the Database, and also an image to our Gallery.

Thanks -