PDA

View Full Version : VSB 196 Piccolo Trumpet

imported_65strad
01-28-2007, 11:20 AM
Are there any fairly serious picc players out there that have played one of these long bell piccs? They are known as Vincent Bach (not Stradivarius) for some reason. Cambrass, next door to Bob Reeves assembles these from (according to Jesse at Reeves) from Stomvi and Bach components. Some reviews describe them as real rivals to the Schilke P54's as the next "top of the line" Pro picc.

Reeves does the alignment and it supposedly plays very much in tune with a great tone. Any non biased feedback from experience out there?

KSievers
01-28-2007, 01:01 PM
yeah, I've played several of these horns, and I am a good picc player (Brandenburg and Magnificat on the same program coming up in two weeks). It is among the best piccs I've ever played, and has more to the tone than a P5-4, which is a fine instrument in its own right. I can articulate the scale up to double C, it trills easily, responds beautifully, and above all I like the sound. It is truly among the best piccs out there. KS.

KSievers
01-28-2007, 01:03 PM
yeah, I've played several of these horns, and I am a good picc player (Brandenburg and Magnificat on the same program coming up in two weeks). It is among the best piccs I've ever played, and has more to the tone than a P5-4, which is a fine instrument in its own right. I can articulate the scale up to double C, it trills easily, responds beautifully, and above all I like the sound. It is truly among the best piccs out there. KS.

westrumpet1
01-29-2007, 12:47 PM
Brandenburg and Magnificat on the same program coming up in two weeks Now that's tough. Perhaps you could do the B minor mass for an encore? Regards, Bill S.

dizzyizzy
03-12-2008, 09:26 PM
I wouldn't classify myself as "serious"...but I own one. All your info is correct, except they ARE Strads...the "VBS" is Vincent Bach Stradivarius...says so right on the horn. Bought mine new right after they came out...tough decision between it and the Schilke, but its an excellent horn. Mine had to have a bit of "re-work" on the 4th valve, as it was sticking like crazy, but its fine now. Love the thing.

dizzyizzy