PDA

View Full Version : New Model - Bach 182S

bachloyalist
03-18-2007, 07:14 AM
Discuss the new Bach Straivariius model 182S.

"Players will enjoy the quick resonse, overtone color and classic features. This model features a standard weight #37 bell and #25 mouthpipe, lightweight body with a .459" bore,silver-plated finish, genuine Vincent Bach mouthpiece and classic case." Dillon Music

bachloyalist
05-06-2007, 06:49 AM
New Bach Stradivarius professional instruments were formally introduced at the 2007 International Music Fair in Frankfurt, Germany. The two instruments, a professional trumpet and a professional trombone, were created to reflect artist requests for particular overtone colors within the Bach Stradivarius design.

The Bach Stradivarius model 182 trumpet features a standard weight #37 one piece bell and #25 leadpipe, a lightweight body and a .459” bore. This particular combination, along with traditional Bach design values and classic features, responds quickly and delivers a quality of sound that is distinctly Bach. The instrument outfit includes a genuine gold plated Vincent Bach mouthpiece and a professional classic style case. The instrument is available in bright silver plate.

The new Bach Stradivarius model LT142BO trombone features a .547” bore with an 8-1/2” one-piece yellow brass bell. The slide boasts lightweight nickel silver outer slides, handgrip and tubular style body braces. The nickel silver inner slides are chrome plated, and the handgrip and tubular body braces are also of nickel silver.

The new trombone features the traditional Bach rotor mechanism, along with three interchangeable leadpipes for a multitude of response options under the player’s control. The LT142BO outfit includes a genuine Vincent Bach mouthpiece and classic style case.

Both instruments are results of intensive efforts to identify the needs of professional trumpet and trombone players that were not being met by current model configurations. “Existing Vincent Bach component designs were the key to these new models,” said Jeff Christiana, director of marketing for Bach trumpet and trombones. “Identifying how these components would best serve today’s top professionals is the key to the successful development of these instruments.”

Bach Stradivarius instruments are handcrafted in the U.S.A. by Conn-Selmer, Inc., the largest manufacturer of band and orchestral instruments and accessories in the United States and a subsidiary of Steinway Musical Instruments, Inc. To contact Conn-Selmer, write to P.O. Box 310, Elkhart, IN 46515-0310 U.S.A. or visit www.conn-selmer.com.

wentzegw@muohio.edu
06-05-2007, 11:34 AM
I am just curious: Other than having a standard pipe instead of a reverse pipe, How is the new model 182 really any different from the LR180S37 that Bach already makes, which has the lightweight body and #37 bell?

kesslermusic
06-05-2007, 06:57 PM
musicians unions in Las Vegas... protest the decent treatment of the workers of the Vincent Bach corp.

I havent heard anything from the local guys about this.

Yes, the 182 is made in Eastlake, OH.

I received my first one today. I am still having it evaluated so I will not post about its playability at this point.

It is built alright, my real problem is with the finishing as the buffing could be better (but I had that complaint about Bach for a LONG time).