PDA

View Full Version : leadpipe 43 and 44 standard and Lightweight and their materials

marco
05-31-2007, 04:32 AM
Hello,
can sombody help me, or confirms my opinion to the material and the weights of the mouthpipes at a Bach Stradivarius trumpet ?

When I want to have a mouthpipe 43 for a standard weight Bach Stradivarius trumpet, the octagon-shaped mouthpipe receiver and the conic mouthpipe is in yellow brass, but the outside pipe for the main tuning slide is in nickel-silver, all in standard weight brass.
When I want to have a mouthpipe 43 for a lightweight LT180 trumpet (lightweight body and bell), the mouthpipe is completly in yellow brass , the conic is in thinner brass and the pipe for the main tuning slide is in thin yellow brass too. right ? (than it is the same at No. 7)
And now the 44 mouthpipe
The perculiarity from the 44 mouthpipe is not alone the other molding/form as the 43, it is the nickelsilver-brass too !
When I want to have a mouthpipe 44 for a standard weight Bach Stradivarius trumpet, the octagon-shaped mouthpipe receiver is in yellow brass the conic mouthpipe is in nickel-silver brass, and the outside pipe for the main tuning slide is in nickel-silver too, all in standard weight brass !

When I want to have a mouthpipe 44 for a lightweight LT180 trumpet (lightweight body and bell), the octagon-shaped mouthpipe receiver is in yellow brass, the conic mouthpipe is in "thin" nickel-silver brass, and the outside pipe for the main tuning slide is in thin yellow brass ?, or special for the 44 in "thin" nickel-silver too ?, in contrast to the standard weight nickel silver outside-pipe for the maintuning slide at the standard weight trumpet ?

Do anybody know more about this Topic , please tell me
Thank`s