PDA

View Full Version : Trumpet value question

Angie
07-15-2007, 07:40 PM
I have a Bach Strad trumpet that I can not find any information about. On the bell it says model 25G and the middle valve has L174070. I also know the previous owner was Jerry Van Blair and that the bell is a rose bell. From the research I have done I understand that the 25's became very common during the Mt Vernon time and that the L means it is a large bore and made in the late 70's early 80's. With all that said I have not found any other information that would give me a ball park figure on the value of my horn.
Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Take care
Angie

westrumpet1
07-15-2007, 10:37 PM
I have a Bach Strad trumpet that I can not find any information about. On the bell it says model 25G and the middle valve has L174070. I also know the previous owner was Jerry Van Blair and that the bell is a rose bell. From the research I have done I understand that the 25's became very common during the Mt Vernon time and that the L means it is a large bore and made in the late 70's early 80's. With all that said I have not found any other information that would give me a ball park figure on the value of my horn.
Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Take care
Angie
You have a large bore Stradivarius Model with a 25 gold brass bell. The 25 bell is the same as the older 7-10 bell that was popular in the 1930's. Your instrument was made in the late 70's early 80's. The value of your instrument is primarily based on it's condition and the subjective view of the purchaser on how well it plays. Probably $600-900.

Angie
07-16-2007, 12:54 PM
Thank you, although I realize that the bell is marked as gold Jerry told us that it was a rose bell. This trumpet was made for him by bach. He played jazz so therefore it has a very rich tone. He died in 2000 of cancer if I remember right. Although I appreciate your estimate I strongly believe that this trumpet is worth much more than that.

Thank you
Angie

bandguy
08-02-2007, 05:27 AM
I can't tell you much about the horn that you don't already know except for ... WOW! Jerry Van Blair owned it!! If you don't know about him, you need to check out CHASE recordings and hear him (and Bill Chase too).

That's super cool that you own his trumpet. He was a phenomenal trumpet player. :)