PDA

View Full Version : Bach Rotary

trump%06
07-21-2007, 04:18 PM
Does anyone have any information regarding the play quality of the Bach rotary trumpet. While they are out of production, they still are available as used instruments, but what are they like compared to other rotary instruments?

MichaelM2
07-25-2007, 12:03 PM
I played the Bach rotary a number of years ago at the factory. They were designed from the Ganter rotary. They play well enough they just couldn't get a foothold in the market. They were only available in C. The German and Austrian made rotaries just dominate the market. There's absolutely nothing wrong with the Bach and if you can find one at a decent price you'll have a real deal. Mike

Bill Dishman
08-31-2010, 04:33 PM
Several years ago I tried out four rotary c trumpets.

Bach Stradivarius
Ganter
Lechner
Yamaha

I was lucky to be able to try out these for about three weeks.

I found the Bach to be better than any of the others I was able to try out.

Best sound
Best workmanship
Most consistent in pitch/intonation/tuning

*** Rotaries are vitaly dependent on matching up a good mouthpiece that works well with the horn.

I love this horn. Have not compared it to Monke, Thein, Schagerl.

Bill Dishman
Gainesville, Florida

Grasslerq
05-11-2011, 09:32 AM
I once had two Ganter Rotary C's, and altered them by removing the factory lead-pipes, and installing Bach Strad pipes, cut down to about 4 inches from the receiving end; I tried the 25, 25O and 43 pipes, and the 25 played the best, but they all really improved the horns, I think it has to do with how a modern mouthpiece fits into the pipe. If I would do it now, of all things I would like to try the older style Bundy lead-pipe! I don't know if a different pipe would greatly affect the Bach Rotary?!