PDA

View Full Version : Help with valuing Bach Trumpet

Jay Cadcam
09-25-2007, 10:30 PM
I have a Bach trumpet that I haven't used for 27 years. It has been sitting in storage getting old. Having used this in Junior High and High School I'm amazed at how well I took care of it. For those of you with kids you know what I'm talking about. Anyhow, I was wondering if the board could offer some feedback on its value. Here is the information that I know:

It is a Stradivarius Model 43, silver trumpet. Based on the serial number database, my serial number 106445 shows the horn was made in 1974. Needless to say how depressed I was when I found out how old the horn...and I was. I had a leather Selman cover on the valves so the laquer is in great condition. I have looked at other trumpets on e-bay and I would have to say that mine is in mint condition compared the others. Since I'm not a trumpet expert I can't tell you what bell size or any other obvious specs.

In addition to value, any suggestions on where I can sell it? Is it best to sell it on ebay, the local music store or somewhere else? All feedback is welcome.