PDA

View Full Version : Bach Shop Cards

gitrdonejazz
12-27-2007, 10:45 PM
I've read on a couple forums where people indicate "I just sent away for my shop card", or "Just got my shop card from Bach". Does anybody know how you go about requesting a shop card for your Bach? I would really like to know more about my Bach 37 because some people tell me it's a lightweight with a standard bell, others say it's a lightweight leadpipe on a standard body/bell...

Any help would be appreciated.

jp554731
02-05-2008, 01:00 AM
Contact Roy Hempley. I hear you can get your shop card through him... google this guy.. he is known for his Bachology articles that are posted on Conn-Selmer's website.

trumpet01
02-07-2008, 11:14 AM
I e-mailed Mr.Hempley yesterday. He cannot help you. He said that his knowledge and articles are on the NewYork horns. He also stated that the old shop cards are probably stored somewhere in an old warehouse and not really available. I wasted his time.

jp554731
02-07-2008, 11:02 PM
oh thats too. bad. some shmuck on ebay told me that after I bought the horn from him that I could ask Mr. Hempley for the original shop card. What a guy...

MichaelM2
02-21-2008, 02:05 PM
I just went through my local dealer. They called their service number and got me a copy in two days.

Mike

westrumpet1
02-22-2008, 12:02 AM
I share Roy's frustration with many people who seek shop cards or ask questions about Bach instruments but have no real interest in them. You can imagine how irritating it is to provide shop cards and other information for people who pose as interested only to find the shop card posted on Ebay and the information used to get a few more bucks. It happens often and it gets old. Shop cards can tell you what was on the trumpet when it left the factory but it tells you little about what's happened to it over the past 50-80 years. It's just one source of information.