PDA

View Full Version : My Dads Beloved Bach

cnladue
12-30-2009, 11:11 AM
My Dad passed away in his sleep 2 years ago and I just now am able to start dealing with his things.He was a great trumpet player and played in the army band during the early fifties.I am pretty sure that is when he bought this strad.The serial number is 9976 and I have included some pictures of this beautifol trumpet.I do noy play and i just learned to play a scale on this! I think i will take the advice from your forum and call to see if i can get more info .by the way ,i think this is a large bore?-carol ladue

bachloyalist
01-02-2010, 01:34 PM
Wow, great looking trumpet. The serial number (9976) would indicate that it was built between 1950-1952. The "L" does indeed indicate it is a large bore Bach Strad., and the horn looks like it is in great condition...

You can contact Conn Selmer in Elkhart, IN, ask for customer service and ask for the "Shop Card", and they will mail, fax you a copy of the original information of the trumpet. Based upon the age, and the serial number it sounds like your father might have been the original purchaser of the trumpet...