PDA

View Full Version : New here

Buck with a Bach
01-25-2010, 05:37 AM
Hello. found this site off of Trumpet Master. I'm a comeback player, working on erasing a 20+ year lay-off. My first Bach was a large bore Strad that I got in the late '70's. Lacquer and silver with such a dark rich tone to it, I loved that horn. however, life got in the way and I was forced to part with it.
When i decided to start playing again, I wanted a larger bore horn than the Yamaha that I had picked up about ten years ago. Found I couldn't afford even a used Strad at the level of prices today. I was, however, able to get a Bach Artist LTD-1 that seems to be almost unused. With a Marcinkeweitz CH-8, it has a fairly decent sound close to what I remember of my Strad. This horn seems to be based like the Omega line of horns, sharing some Strad parts( valve block?). It's not the Strad I covet, but is a good horn none the less.
I play at church, and sit in with my wife's alumni band..........Buck:cool:

bachloyalist
01-26-2010, 05:55 PM
Great to have you here Buck... I went to U. of Akron, so looks like a small world... I've had quite a few Bach's through the years, and always regret selling each one them. I guess I'm always looking for that "perfect" trumpet... Still have some early more unusual Bach's (cornets, flugel, various keys, ...) Still play a 37* for some lead playing...

Buck with a Bach
01-26-2010, 08:02 PM
thanks. My son attended the U. of A. for awhile a few years back. That school is growing by leaps and bounds, the new stadium is fantastic.........Buck

bachloyalist
01-26-2010, 09:01 PM
I was back for Alumni weekend at Akron, and still play each year with the Alumni marching band... Fun to still play the trumpet for a half time show...