View Full Version : Bach pocket trumpet serial number 0903120035

12-01-2010, 01:21 PM
I'm looking to buy my son a pocket trumpet (he already has a Bach Stradivarius full size trumpet). I've found one reasonably priced, but I'm concerned it's a fake. The seller is on Ebay, out of the country and is stating the serial number is 0903120035. This doesn't match any serial numbers I can find on the Internet for any Bach trumpets. Are the pocket trumpet serial numbers different from the full size trumpets?

12-02-2010, 02:01 PM
I am just a trombone player, so I may not be able to give the best information on this. However, as far as I know the Vincent Bach Corp. has never made a "pocket" trumpet. The pocket trumpets are novelties and not used by professionals or even working amateurs as far as I know. If I was on a gig and a trumpet player walked in with a "pocket" trumpet, they would be laughed at and never hired back.

By chance, is the seller of this pocket trumpet over seas? I have seen a few counterfeit Bach trombones that were obviously Chinese made (Jin Bao) instruments with "Bach" stamped on the bell.

If you ask my opinion, I would stay away from this item.

12-03-2010, 08:07 AM
Thank you so much for your reply, Jason8844. I guess I should have trusted my "gut" instinct. I have not purchased the pocket trumpet yet, and now after your words of advice, I will not. The seller is over seas, as you suspected. It does sounds like a counterfeit.

By the way, my 17 year old son is highly interested in a pocket trumpet, asking for one as a Christmas present. He is under the impression there are some decent ones out there, not concert quality of course, but some that have a nice even tone. I saw a Taylor pocket trumpet on a YouTube video, and it sounded good (very expensive though). I guess I won't put so much effort into finding a good name brand one, if it's just a novelity item. Thanks for your guidance.

04-16-2011, 10:39 AM
There is one really good pocket trumpet, Benge.