PDA

View Full Version : My Bach Liberty Trumpet...

Consordino
03-09-2011, 08:40 AM
Greetings All! I recently acquired a Bach Liberty Trumpet on Ebay and thus far I have been unable to determine its age via all of the usual serial number websites. Would anyone be able to help shed some light on this mystery for me? The serial number reads G91xxx. Thanks for your kind assistance!

Dan

bachloyalist
03-10-2011, 05:11 PM
Greetings All! I recently acquired a Bach Liberty Trumpet on Ebay and thus far I have been unable to determine its age via all of the usual serial number websites. Would anyone be able to help shed some light on this mystery for me? The serial number reads G91xxx. Thanks for your kind assistance!

Dan

The BACH Liberty model was semi-pro/student line that was created for select dealers. I have fairly recent models that were a TR200 with an upgraded leadpipe, and some that looked like a cost reduced BACH Stradivarius. From your serial number, I would "guess" a model from the 1980's... The issue is with student line trumpets, there is not a good source for serial numbers...

Consordino
03-22-2011, 02:51 PM
Thanks very much!
The BACH Liberty model was semi-pro/student line that was created for select dealers. I have fairly recent models that were a TR200 with an upgraded leadpipe, and some that looked like a cost reduced BACH Stradivarius. From your serial number, I would "guess" a model from the 1980's... The issue is with student line trumpets, there is not a good source for serial numbers...