PDA

View Full Version : 37G Bell - Questions

brasskills26
03-08-2011, 09:17 PM
I have a strad with the bell 37G and after looking all over the internet I cannot find out what it means. Any facts for me??

bachloyalist
03-09-2011, 08:55 PM
I have a strad with the bell 37G and after looking all over the internet I cannot find out what it means. Any facts for me??

The G means it is a Gold brass bell. Versus the traditional yellow brass in a typical 37 bell. Your 37G would have been a custom option.

jp554731
03-12-2011, 12:12 AM
The G means it is a Gold brass bell. Versus the traditional yellow brass in a typical 37 bell. Your 37G would have been a custom option.

I have a dvd called "Sounding Brass" it was filmed in the late 1980's (88 or 89) which does a video tour of the Bach Factory, Monette, and Blackburn. In the video they reffer to the G as German Brass not Gold Brass. I have heard Gold Brass a lot and always thought that one or the other was a misconception.The video features Lew Sowloff, Wynton Marsallis, Empire Brass and Bud Herseth.

bachloyalist
03-13-2011, 05:57 PM
I have a dvd called "Sounding Brass" it was filmed in the late 1980's (88 or 89) which does a video tour of the Bach Factory, Monette, and Blackburn. In the video they reffer to the G as German Brass not Gold Brass. I have heard Gold Brass a lot and always thought that one or the other was a misconception.The video features Lew Sowloff, Wynton Marsallis, Empire Brass and Bud Herseth.

I've also heard the same thing, but have not been able to find it in current Bach Strad literature. Only refers to it as Gold Brass

http://www.bachbrass.com/pdf/Suggestions_For_Choosing_Trumpet.pdf

http://www.bachbrass.com/pdf/Trumpet_Bore_Bell_Mouthpipe.pdf

Let me know if you can find another reference, that I can share with our fellow Bach loyalists...

jp554731
03-14-2011, 07:59 PM
oh nice, these are part of the pdfs and pics I sent you. I have a hard copy of these as well. I can't remember where I have read German Brass..... Most likely I read it in one of the Bachology articles which I am a big fan of