PDA

View Full Version : Marcinkiewicz vs. Monette mouthpieces

Austyn Sullivan-Watson
05-28-2011, 11:27 AM
Hello everyone out there I was just wondering if you guys had any information for me on the differences between Marcinkiewicz mouthpieces and Monette mouthpieces? If you have any information about it I think it would be great to let me know.:cool:

OldsSuper1932
06-07-2011, 02:27 PM
You need to download the "Kanstul Mouthpiece comparator". Here you can compare most wellknown mouthpieces from various brands.
Some advice, though (from an old trumpetplayer who has too many mouthpieces..);
A mouthpiece will never give you anything for free. Only continuous practicing will move you forward. There is no such thing as a shortcut.

DrDave
07-28-2011, 05:20 PM
Both manufacturers make excellent mouthpieces in a full range of sizes. Monette mouthpieces tend to be heavier and have larger throats, which can take some getting used to. They also are gold plated and cost significantly more. Many players speak very highly of both brands.

Cheers,
Dave

Austyn Sullivan-Watson
08-12-2011, 03:48 PM
Hello again, I have a big question since I got a Marcinkiewicz E3/3C about a week ago. I seem to be losing endurance as I play for a long period of time. I just don't know if I have problems with the mouthpiece or something else? Though for 6 years I have been playing on a 7C. If you have any suggestions please post!