PDA

View Full Version : Price for a Strad Trumpet

armadog
06-03-2011, 10:56 AM
Hi, I've got a Bach Stradivarius Trumpet that I am looking to sell locally, but I'm not sure what a fair price is. Silver plated trumpet, model 37, great condition (no dents, plating not rubbed off anywhere), everything mechanically works, plays well. Serial number dates it to 1973. Not looking for offers or anything, just what it's worth. Trumpet does have a 1st valve trigger. I do have the original case, and it would be included. If I missed some vital info, let me know, and I will try to get it. Thanks

bachloyalist
06-03-2011, 07:17 PM
My guess would be around $1000, if it is in good shape, and is a good player. Have seen that era of trumpets go from $600 to more than $1200... The 37 is the most common, and would make for a great serious high school player, even college....

Hope you enjoy your Bach....

armadog
06-04-2011, 06:46 PM
yea, I was thinking around $1000. It has been a great horn for four years of high school, but i'm not interested in continuing to play while at college. Seems wrong to hold on to it and prolly never play it. Someone in the local high school band program can put it to good use. Thanks for your input