PDA

View Full Version : Holton Symphony? Stratodyne ..how can you tell?

coolerdave
06-23-2011, 02:01 PM
I am trying to repost this..does anyone here know anything about these horns. All I know is that I am picking up one of these on saturday and would love to be able to identy why I have.
Thanks

bachloyalist
06-24-2011, 10:04 AM
http://www.holtonloyalist.com/trumpets.htm

holtonloyalist
06-24-2011, 10:05 AM
Thanks BachLoyalist... I would print out the page he sent the link of. Best way is to have visual references of known models or advertisements. Always look closely for markings on the leadpipe, or bell locations on Holton trumpets.

good luck!

coolerdave
06-26-2011, 08:39 PM
well it appears that I won't be able to make a postive ID on the horn as the bell was swapped out. ll I know is it was made in 1962 .. so that makes a case for the Stratodyne.
It is a wonderful playing horn though ... would have loved to have an intact Stradodyne though.
tahnks for checking into it

danielltrumpets
10-07-2013, 07:48 AM
well it appears that I won't be able to make a postive ID on the horn as the bell was swapped out. ll I know is it was made in 1962 .. so that makes a case for the Stratodyne.
It is a wonderful playing horn though ... would have loved to have an intact Stradodyne though.
tahnks for checking into it

I have an intact Holton Stradodyne serial 187440. It is a very nice playing horn. I use it for quintet, chamber and jazz. I can understand the bell swapping, in that the Stadodyne bell is a little smaller than a conventional Bb bell. The bell on my horn is about the size of my Eb trumpet bell.