PDA

View Full Version : Trumpet info

Unregistered
08-18-2011, 02:41 PM
I'm sorry to bother you. The reason for contacting you is I am trying to find out some information on a trumpet that I have had since the late 70's it was given to me by a friend of mine. The name on the trumpet says Holton Collegiate with the #'s 512590 stamped on it. Is there any information that you may have on the trumpet that could help me to date this as well as what it may be worth? My youngest is using it in her band class and her teacher brought it to her attention to what a nice instrument that it is and that she should take very good care of it. Now I am curious to find out what I can about it so as to add to the story of it. I have no intentions to sell it as I stated earlier I was just very curious about it. Thank you in advance for your time. Sincerely Norita Thomas

holtonloyalist
08-18-2011, 10:32 PM
Great to hear it is still being played, and sounds like it is in good condition. The Collegiate model was a intermediate model by Holton, and commonly used in middle and high schools in the 1950-1970's. Your specific serial number would date form around 1972... With regards to worth, it is most likely worth around $400-500, but you should check on eBay for past auctions (under advanced search) for an up to date value.

Hope that is helpful.