PDA

View Full Version : Bach b flat trumpet Mt Vernon

Unregistered
10-10-2011, 10:36 AM
I am in the process of cheking out a Mt Vernon trumpet from e-bay. After looking at your serial number chart, I am confused. The serial number on this horn is 26697. According to your tables, this horn would have been made in 1964. But you also note that the Mt Vernon plant closed before this horn was made. Yet the Mt Vernon lable is on the bell. This horn was clearly made after Selmer bought Bach, but perhaps before Selmer had any serious influence on production.
Could you let me know about the serial number disparity given that the factory at Mt Vernon was closed before the production of 26697.

Thanks

Paul

bachloyalist
10-10-2011, 06:39 PM
During this transition time, I have a few examples of trumpets that were built using parts from Mt. Vernon, but assembled at the new factory in Elkhart. The best way to determine, is to call (and nicely request) Conn Selmer customer service for a copy of the shop card of your trumpet. It should show the actual production date, and anything unique in the build.

Here's their contact information.

Conn Selmer
1000 Industrial Parkway
Elkhart, IN 46516-5526
(574) 295-0079

forrest
10-10-2011, 10:41 PM
I owned 301XX which was made the first week of production at Elkhart.

So, your number would be a Mt Vernon horn. But the shop card is the way to go - it's free and fast (they'll email it to you).

Good luck.