PDA

View Full Version : Plastic and Stainless Steel

DrDave
10-31-2011, 08:57 PM
I have made an interesting discovery. My personal favorite mouthpiece configuration is now a top made of machined Delrin and a stainless steel backbore. Delrin is very responsive to soft articulation, and sounds very dark, but lacks some of the projection of brass. It has less core in the sound compared to a metal mouthpiece.

Stainless steel is also very responsive, is brighter sounding than brass and much brighter than plastic. It is somewhat difficult to color the sound.

Combining a plastic top and stainless heavy backbore provides a very responsive mouthpiece that speaks very quickly with soft articulation. The heavy stainless backbore adds core to the sound. The combination produces a balanced sound that starts out dark and brightens up with great projection when pushed. It has some of the most favorable characteristics of both materials. I used in concert on Saturday and was very happy with the results. Has anyone else has similar experiences combining plastic and metal components?

lignum-tech
05-15-2012, 05:53 PM
Yes, you must try Lignum-tech mouthpiece made of Wood (Grenadil) wirh a Special coating for Free and easy playing.....