PDA

View Full Version : Holton Silver Clarinet

Unregistered
12-22-2011, 05:43 PM
Hello,

I know this is primarily a trumpet forum, but I am trying to find anyone who knows anything about Holton silver clarinets. I have run across one with a serial number beginning with "s" over a four digit number beginning with 24XX. This is not a Collegiate or a Military model, at least I do not think so. The bell design does not match either one of those models. However, the bell says clearly Frank Holton & Co. Elkhorn, Wis. So this is where my confusion lies. None of the serial number lists I can find have Holton located in Wisconsin until 1918 and those are all five digit serial numbers. This horn is fully playable, with little to no visible tarnishing or corrosion, all the parts are there (obviously) except for the case, everything else is in tact (barrel, mouthpiece, ligature, cap and even some reeds!) along with body plug and the original metal pot of what I believe is cork grease.

I have pictures if anyone can help me identify this instrument. I am not interested in selling it, but rather would simply like to better identify it and possibly get some history.

Thank you.

Tammy H.

tlholland
12-22-2011, 05:48 PM
This is my post, if you want to leave me a msg. here. Thanks

Tammy