View Full Version : Need Help Verifying Age/Value of Bach Stradivarius Model 25 model L 611xx

04-15-2012, 11:23 PM
So I'm purchasing a house, and looking for a few ways to make some extra money on the side - that being said, I made the painful decision to let go of my prized Bach Stradivarius Model 25 Large Bore trumpet - but that is about the extent of my knowledge of the best. Its a great horn, served me well for 7 years of playing through high school and college, but I was never good enough to go pro.

Horn plays great, I did have a professional check it out. 3rd valve gets a little sticky/slow when not in use and has to be warmed up a bit. From the model number, I figure it was made early 70s, before 1974.

This would be my first horn to sell, so I would appreciate any input - if I should sell it on eBay, what my starting bid should be, what you honestly think a good value of it would be...

Thanks for any input/advice.

04-16-2012, 08:33 AM
A 61XXx would be late 1970 to early 1972 in my guesstimation. A 25 bell and large bore is a bit uncommon compared to a 37 or 72 bell, so it'd be worth slightly more to someone who wanted one.

My suggestion would be lots of good photos without flash from all angles, and a starting bid of .99 If I had to guess, I'd say it'll end at $1000-1400. Ideally, schedule your auction so it ends at 11 PM eastern time on a Sunday to get maximum exposure.

Good luck.