PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Bach Stradivarius B flat trumpet from late 1940's

pfadland
08-22-2012, 09:34 AM
I own the above trumpet, Serial #ML 8012. It is in very good condition. I am bit overwhelmed trying to get a value for the instrument. Most of the postings I have seen on various websites seem to be for newer trumpets. Is there any market for "older" Bach instruments such as mine? Is there a particular website that trades in older instruments? Does anyone have a ballpark figure for what the instrument might actually sell for? There seems to be a glut of instruments for sale.

Thank you,

forrest
08-24-2012, 06:32 PM
This time of year there are quite a few horns for sale.

The value is going to depend on the condition. Do you have the "shop card" that identifies what leadpipe and bell it was built with? Do you have the original case? Is it all original, or has it be "restored" previously? All of those will effect value.

eBay, is, of course, the most common place to sell. Lots of pix and a good description will help. The value can be anywhere from $500 to $2,000, depending on its condition and how bad someone wants it.

Good luck selling it.