PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha YFH-2310

brassnews
03-16-2008, 08:53 AM
Review by: Unregistered

Horn Review: I got this student yamaha flugel as a trade for an old olds that I had. i wanted a flugel for a while, but didn't want to drop thousands on a horn i would only use occasionally. I did try some really nice expensive horns just to compare sound, and this horn really stacked up nice. I always get compliments on my flugel sound, and I never have a problem blending in a section if I play in a big band. It records beautifully, and does the job when I need it too. Tuning, its going to have some issues with the low D because of the lack of a 3rd valve tuning slide. I lip it down usually, but since flugel is played low a lot of times, it is kind of a pain. Also, since its a student level instrument, its gonna fight back if you give it too much air. It takes a lot obviously, but if you're going for a big dynamic push, the horn isn't gonna hold it together. Other than those little issues, I really love this horn for what it is. It has an amazing tone comparatively speaking, and for the price, it can't be beat.

Link to the Review (http://www.brassreview.com/reviews/showproduct.php?product=1271)