PDA

View Full Version : Schilke B7

brassnews
03-16-2008, 01:43 PM
Review by: Unregistered

Horn Review: Wow! After borrowing this horn from a friend for a while, i have become very impressed by its huge sound. It is the second most resonant horn I have ever played, number one being a Calicchio with a tuning bell. But this horn is truly amazing. For a small bore horn, it is capable of doing almost any thing! This horn could be used as a lead horn because it does project very well, but i find that it is just not quite bright enough to cut through. I DO think, however, that this horn would be great for jazz solo or for that matter any other situation.

Intonation is spot on. Going from my Getzen of Besson to this actually makes me adjust because the tuning is much better. The small bore in combination with the intonation really helps with endurance. Just think, you don't have to blow as much or adjust tuning as much. That really helps!

So if you are in the market for a trumpet that can do it all (better than any Bach) this is the horn for you.

Link to the Review (http://www.brassreview.com/reviews/showproduct.php?product=864)