PDA

View Full Version : Blessing ML1

brassnews
03-27-2008, 07:50 AM
Review by: Unregistered

Horn Review: Bought my ML-1 recently (1st quarter of 2008) thru Giardinelli based on reviews I've read, and based on what I could afford. I've been very pleased with the horn so far.

So you can calibrate what I'm sayin' here, I think my ideal trumpet would be a 60's vintage Conn Constellation 38B. Played one of those for a while back when, and still kicking myself for letting it go - expecially when I see what good examples are going for on eBay.

One thing I must say is, except for a Bach Stradivarius, I've not played a horn than makes pitch bends or lipping up notes so easy. It's got good intonation (easily as good as the 38B). It really gives back what you put into it; it's good for just about any style of play, very versatile.

I've read alot of reviews that noted some construction quality issues. If there were any problems before, they seem to have been fixed. I've not seen any of those noted with the horn I received. I found no blemishes or spots on the laquer anywhere. The Amado water keys have never stuck. Additionally, Blessing says it'll take a while to break in the valves; mine worked flawlessly from day one.

Okay, it's not a Stradivarius or a Constellation 38B (I'd rate those a 10 and a 9 respectively), but it does everything I ask of it, and it was easy on my wallet. Not going to give this one up any time soon (this is a solid 8).

Link to the Review (http://www.brassreview.com/reviews/showproduct.php?product=106)