Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
  1. Hybrid Trombone to Trumpet Mouthpieces?

Here's my situation. On a Daily basis I'm constantly switching from Trumpet to Euphonium (I play trumpet for 1 & 2 jazz bands at my school, then Euphonium for Concert Band and Baritone for Marching Band) and as you well know that creates embouchure issues. As of now I have no choice of not playing trumpet but my original plan was to drop trumpet when I get to college and focus strictly on Euphonium. But then while asking for advice on another forum somebody brought this to my attention:
    http://www.chasonsmusic.com/hybridcomouthpiecepage.cfm

It's essentially a trombone cup with a trumpet backbore for trombone/baritone/euphonium players who wish to double on higher brass instruments. This seems perfect for my case as I feel that I am stronger on Euphonium than Trumpet but the price is what hurts me. So does anyone know a company or brand that sells the same type mouthpiece or mouthpiece system at a lower price?
    Does anyone as well know how they feel in response to a trombone or baritone player?

Also: My normal set-up is Vincent Bach 3C for Trumpet and Denis Steven Mead Ultra SM3U for Euphonium/Baritone

2. I haven't seen another using the same approach in recent years, but there's a good mouthpiece available that approaches the problem exactly the opposite way: the Parduba 3 Star. It's a very hefty chunk of metal, but boils down to a trombone mouthpiece with a cup much closer to trumpet size. The sound isn't quite as robust and satisfying as a big Wick SM, but to me the difference is acceptable. The advantage is that it's made for the trumpet player who needs to double on trombone, not the other way around.

Hi all, Legends mouthpieces are fannnntastic and best ive played. He has actually made improvement to the monette and warburton designs. See em on ebay by typing in Legends mouthpieces. Derek Saidak the owner is a great person and in TN. Nice hvy wt pieces too that come almost all the way to the reciever giving any horn a custom look.