Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
  1. Endurnace problems

Hi everyone,

I have a 43H 25LR (lightweight body). I do not play as much as I did in music school and want to get a little more endurance. I play mostly concert band, church,ethnic and a little commercial/big band work.

I have contemplated a valve realignment maybe even a new leadpipe. I am wondering if ,as I've gotten older, the free blowing of the 25LR is to much for me now. I love the tone,high register ring and dynamic response. I can get brassy and still keep a centered tone.

Just need more some more endurance. I play a Schilke M3, Schilke 14,and 14A4a when needed

any suggestions

2. It depends what you want. There are many different leadpipe variations and also many different things for Bach. I think you know that but when was the last time you were in music school?

3. years ago but for about 10 years I played very often in long sessions had no problems...Im just thinking a more resistant leadpipe may do the trick. I happen to have someone as a close friend who is a instrument mechanic so that helps too