Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    Unregistered Guest

Thumbs up Soprano Trombone/Slide Trumpet

I picked up a soprano trombone/slide trumpet some months ago, and I didnt know if there is any additional information out there. It appears to be in good condition for its age.

The S# of the horn is 72,***. I think it was manufactured in 1929. Are there any records of how many of each type of horn were produced each year? I cant find much information online regarding soprano trombones made by Holton. Were these beginner grade, or something a little better?

My only other question is value. I assume that these are semi-rare, but there is also a very limited market for them. Any idea on the value of something like this, even a ballpark would be OK.

2. I've not ever seen one. This would be rare, if from the era of the late 1920's...

Can you join and upload some images here to the forum? Need to make sure this was not a later model, made by another mfg. that did not follow the Holton serial number list...

Thanks -

3. OK, let me see if this works. The markings on the bell reads "MADE BY Frank Holton & Co ELKHORN WIS"

The mouthpiece reads "Frank Holton & Co." with a "1" on the shank.

Not sure if it matters or not, but the exact S/N is 72,538.

4. I have more pictures if you want to see them. Let me know what you think. If this was made at a later date I would be interested to know. I guess any info would be appreciated.

5. Wow! I've never seen one of these. This was most likely built in the 1920's, and the engraving looking great! To a Holton collector, this would be a great addition to a collection. Value is hard to say, as I've never seen one before.

They'll be others here on the forum that see the images, so let's see what others think on the value.