Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Reviews · Register  

1martin_T3460.jpg

• Pin It

Martin Committee T3460
Reviews Views
3 13465
Recommended By Average Price Average Rating
100% of reviewers $1,550.00 7.7

Description:
The feel, balance and flexibility needed for subtle, intricate jazz passages are just a few of the reasons why Martin Committee trumpets have been used by many jazz greats. Two models, the T3460 and T3465 possess the legendary focus and centering that make the Committee famous. The distinctive response of model T3460 produces a tone that can be tinged with brilliance or mellowed to a rich darkness. The T3465 has a larger bore and a broader, more open sound than the T3460.

Specifications
Key: Bb
Bore: 11.69 mm (.460"")
Bell: 5.0"" diameter hand-hammered yellow brass with wire-reinforced rim
Mouthpipe: Yellow brass with reversed leadpipe
Pistons: Monel material with double-slotted spring barrel, stainless steel springs and silent two-point non- metal piston guides
Slides: Nickel silver outside slides, brass inside slides and adjustable finger ring with stop-screw on 3rd slide, 1st slide U-pull
Waterkey: Tuning slide and 3rd slide
Finish: Clear baked epoxy lacquer
Mouthpiece: 7C
Case: Deluxe wood shell with dual handles
Options: Choice of colored finish with gold-plated slides trim, and deluxe engraving as model T3462.
Search Lowest Price:

Bore (inch): 0.460
Bell (inch): 5.000
Bell Type: 1 Piece
Bell Mtl.: Yellow Brass
Valves: 3, Monel
Keywords: Martin Committee
Social Media:
  • Pin It

Author
Anonymous
Review Date: 5/21/2008 Would you recommend the product? Yes | Price you paid?: $1,600.00 | Rating: 9 

Pros: great horn for jazz/lead. love it
Cons: none yet

i love it. its very smooth sounding and very free blowing. much better than
my bach even. a very good trumpet

Anonymous
Review Date: 5/21/2008 Would you recommend the product? Yes | Price you paid?: $1,500.00 | Rating: 9 

Pros: very open feeling, great valves, love the intonation. overall an exelent trumpet
Cons: nothing

this trumpet is awesome. it sounds so rich and creamy. its amazingly clean. everyone should buy this horn =]
i definitly reccomend it if you play jazz or solo parts.

Review Date: 2/9/2010 Would you recommend the product? No | Price you paid?: None indicated | Rating: 5 

Pros: history, dark tone...
Cons: pitch???Valves?????

Used one professionnaly for 3 years. Loved the sound I got; But who wants to have pitch problems and so high valves in a trumpet today???
I sold it...but still have my sound.
Click here to see this users profile Click here to Send this user a Private Message Find more posts by this user  

About BrassReview

BrassReview.com is the largest source for instrument reviews on the internet. Our users are now adding new trumpet, trombones, tubas, and french horns daily, and adding reviews, discussions, and links on their favorite instruments, and related equipment.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook

BrassReview.com 2.12
Copyright 2004 - 2012